Monday, January 28, 2013

a little Monday inspiration

At the end of my work day, I have frequently been stopped in my tracks by these images. The sunsets here in Southern California can be breathtaking! 



So when my sewing buddy, J, and I decided to do a little swap, I turned to oranges and purples for inspiration. Flickr was full of purple and orange yumminess!

for more details on each photo, click here!

A few other bits of inspiration:
-Lizzy House's Constellations has me thinking about doing a version of Elizabeth Hartman's Sparkle Punch Quilt. Okay, I may have bought a little bundle here.
-here's yet another basket that I've got to make. I don't know how Anna does it! She's always reading my mind and creating patterns that I have to try!
-I love making pillows and these fancy ones will be fun to try out!
-And here's a little travel sewing case that I first spotted on Lucy's blog.
-and this whale could turn me into a pin cushion kind of girl!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. oh, what a gorgeous colour scheme! I'm drooling a little! (and I wish I knew someone who was going for a vasectomy so that I could make them a jar of sperm - that is inspired!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad I didn't know about that jar of sperm about 36 years ago when my DH had his done. lol Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, it's a chance to blog hop with other small blogs, if you're interested check out the details on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You gave me a lot of choices! I enjoyed browsing through the list. So many talented women! LUV the orange and purple going on...

    ReplyDelete