Thursday, November 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've got a lot of prep work going on. I keep thinking about the Happy Little Pouch Hop and all the things I want to make so I've been doing a little prep work for that.

This is a double disappearing nine patch block that I broke into two blocks (or you could say I just never sewed the last seam together to make it one block :)). It will ultimately become a pouch. I really liked the bold, geometric design in my head when I was envisioning it, but now I'm not so certain....


Leather pouch, anyone? For the past year, I have said I want to try and sew with leather. I bought a few small scraps a while back, but have yet to fulfill that goal. I have needles for leather and will buy some heavier thread. If you have any suggestions for sewing with leather, I'd love to hear them!


I've also been prepping my pillow for the PTS swap. I'm doing more EPP. I love the change of pace from being at the machine. 

Linking up to WIP Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. Loving those bright, bold solids paired with the black! I'm keen to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you get with sewing with leather, I have always wanted to try..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting color combo. Just sew it up and you might get a different opinion on it. Sorry, no leather experience here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look forward to seeing the finished pouch - love the bold colours.

    I've not worked with leather before either and I think it'll be interesting to have a leather pouch in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete