Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Little Pouch Hop: Day 2 Courtney and Lucy



Today we have two special ladies to introduce for day two of the HLPH! 

First up is Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons. Courtney is a stay-at-home mom to two little boys and is an amazing sewer and quilter (have you seen her latest Japanese color brick quilt?! or perhaps the Halloween costumes she made this year?). I've been lucky to know Courtney through our charity sewing bee-- the Joy circle of do.Good.Stitches and was even lucky enough to have her make me an angel pouch in the last round of the Pretty Little Pouch Swap when my partner could no longer participate. She has a special post scheduled for us today, so head on over to check it out!


Next we have Lucy of Charm About You. Lucy is a full time mom to two little ones and makes me drool over her various projects. I'm in love with her recent embroidery makes and she's made me want to make these EPP rose stars some day! She makes you smile with her various blog posts and if you ever wonder what to do with those end of the spool bits of thread, she has this great suggestion! Hop on over to her blog and see her pouch for the day!

I've also got a bit of eye candy for you today. Emily and I decided that we'd have our own little challenge (a la Rae and Kristin). For the most part we will be making the same pouches and the first on our list is Anna's Wide Mouth Pouch. One of our pouch enthusiasts will be reviewing this tutorial soon, so let me just say that I had a blast making this pouch!


Inside I used some of my favorite Tula Pink frog fabric.


And best yet, holiday gift #1 is now complete!

Thanks for popping by and if you are making any pouches, please remember to upload them to our Flickr group for a chance to win some wonderful prizes!

Also linking up to Fabric Tuesday today!

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute pouch! I'm definitely going to have to try out this pouch tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your wide mouth pouch, can't believe I still haven't made one! Great fabrics. Lucy's pouch is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cool pouch :) Love the fabric and zipper combinations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fabric pattern design in the pouch is very similar to a needle turn applique that was given to me. I would love to try to recreate it, but pieced.

    Lovely pouch btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really have to make one of those! I adore the fabrics you chose and love the yellow zip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pouch - love the two fabrics together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabrics you've used, Elaine! I've been seeing this pouch around for awhile now and I think it's about time I make one! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my!!!
    Another one I HAVE to make!!
    **Thank you!!**
    Pat T.
    in Michigan

    ReplyDelete