Monday, August 6, 2012

ready to swap again!

When baby arrived (or I knew she was arriving), I decided to take my swap maternity leave. I love to swap, but I knew that I'd have really limited time. The one exception that I couldn't refuse was to take part in the do.Good.Stitches host swap. My partner indicated liking blues and greens and is a Joel Dewberry fan. She also had some pictures of the 241 tote in her mosaic, so I decided to go with this combo. 


As an extra, I included this tool hoop. They are always quick to make and lots of fun. I took some pictures as I made it. I've always just figured this one out on my own. Is anyone interested in a tutorial of how I've made this? I don't want to reinvent the wheel if you know of good tutorials on this out there (or don't need one), but if anyone is interested let me know!


And look at what I got in the mail yesterday! Holly sent me this wonderful package with AMH fabric, a pincushion, notebook, washi tape garland, and an iPad sleeve!!! I had been eyeing the iPad sleeve on Flickr and am so very glad its new home is with me. I know what you are thinking, lucky me!


So that was my only summer swap, but now that baby is a little older and turns out to be a really good sleeper at night (knock on wood!), I am ready to swap again. Here are my mosaics for two swaps that are starting up now. 

Fab Little Quilt Swap

This is my first time in the Fab Little Quilt Swap. I'm pretty sure this is Carol's doing, so thanks, Carol! I'm so excited!


Pretty Little Pouch Swap

There are a few pics that overlap, because I just can't help myself and they keep sticking out in my mind. Hopefully my partners will find these mosaics inspiring!

ps- If you're looking to join a swap, just so you know, the Pretty Little Pouch swap is accepting everyone who signs up during the sign up period (some swaps are by invitation only). It is a fantastic swap and you get to meet fun people on Flickr!

Linking up to Fabric Tuesday and Let's Get Acquainted!

10 comments:

  1. Your 241 bag is gorgeous, love the fabric choices. I'd love to see a tutorial for the tool hoop, I've not seen one of these before & they're such a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful collection of fabulous things! I'm going to try and join the pouch swap too - i love making pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the tool hoop! Love to see how you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you have a lucky swap partner! Everything is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I have seen a tool hoop, I want I want I want it!!!! Yes, tutorial please :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for swapping!!! :) Will you be joining up with DQS next round? (I hear that someone you know will be a swap mama again) I've been a little reflective tonight about swapping and it's nice to see people so happy about swapping! Also, that amazing typewriter pillow (in both your mosaics) lives on my couch. I was lucky in that swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, tutorial, please! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a tutorial on the tool hoop. It looks awesome. I would like to make one for my local quilt shop owner. She is an awesome lady and would really love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tool hoop and would definitely do the tutorial!!! Great ideas all over here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love the tool hoop. Tutorial would be fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete